Friday, March 25, 2011

Dare to Wear Charity Challenge: For Japan - my Look

I decided to enter Funny Face Beauty 's Dare to Wear Make-Up Charity Challenge: For Japan
Because my friend Lyuba convinced me to.

I really needed to try some more makeup anyways and it gave me an opportunity to try some pink shadows she sent me.

It's for a good cause and it was a lot of fun!

i just wished i had a proper patterned kimono for it LOL.

I only used white foundation powder and some red on my brows and pink and red shadow on my eyes.
and of course black liner ,..i decided to do an exxaderated line cuz as dancers, the makeup would have to be seen on stage.

I decided to try something a little different,
since i'm Okinawan, i did a look inspired by lovely Shuri Dancers :



My mom had a miniature hat usually worn by these ladies so i used it as a prop











i decided to take a fw shots w/o the hat and kimono:









and one last silly shot before removing all the makeup:




5 comments:

  1. Love it! :) :) :) I didn't know your mom has a hate like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she has a small replica type one..that or it's a child's version

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is completely amazing!!! So good!! You honestly did an amazing job. Thank you so much for doing this challenge. I really appreciate it.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete